ProgramsThe Tailoring Project
Through this campaign we are aiming to skill more than 30 LGBTQI+ Ugandans and also create jobs for more than 60 of them.
The Tailoring Project
Through thorough research and experience, at Coloured Voices, we discovered skills equipment and productivity is the only solution not spoon feeding. We therefore started a campaign called, “Tailoring ourselves to the future.”
Through this campaign we are aiming to skill more than 30 LGBTQI+ Ugandans and also create jobs for more than 60 of them. We are going to teach them how to make clothing’s using electric sewing machines and also sell them thus beating two birds with one stone. One is skilled with how to make a cloth and then earns through selling it. Thus, creating jobs and also empowering the
LGBTQI+ Ugandans. How about we tailor our way to freedom.
- The specific goals and expected outcomes of the cloth producing project, include:
- To provide LGBTQI+ Ugandans with tailoring skills and equipment that can help
them generate income and sustain themselves.
- To produce high-quality and affordable clothing that can meet the demand of the local and international market.
- To create awareness and acceptance of LGBTQI+ Ugandans as productive and valuable members of society.
- Phase one will cost a less than $3000
- Phase one is to benefit more than 30 LGBTQI+ Ugandans
- The project skills and empowers LGBTQI+ Ugandans instead of spoon feeding them
- Project is going to decrease unemployment among the LGBTQI+ Ugandans
- Project is going to help in strengthening the mental health of LGBTQI+ Ugandans
- Project is going to bring togetherness to the LGBTQI+ Ugandans
- Project is going to raise revenue to fund the Organisation projects by Phase 2